Positions Available 

 

Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), the Inclusion, Inquiry and Innovation (iCubed) and the department of Health Behavior & Policy seek applicants for a full-time, 12-month, tenure eligible position affiliated with the Oral Health and Childhood and Adolescence Transdisciplinary Core.

Research areas of particular interest include (but are not limited to) oral health disparities, behavioral interventions, health equity, social determinants of health, health outcomes (including cost and quality of care), health policy, patient-provider communication, medical decision making, or cost-effectiveness. Strong quantitative research skills preferred with experience working with large data sets or bioinformatics. The faculty member will support the department with teaching responsibilities at the graduate level. Candidates must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.  

Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should access the following link to complete the online application: https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/79049.   Please email questions regarding the department of Health Behavior and Policy to: Maghboeba Mosavel, [email protected].  For inquiries regarding iCubed, please contact Tegwyn Brickhouse, Director of Oral Health Services Research Core at [email protected].  To learn more about iCubed, visit: http://icubed.vcu.edu/

Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

 Posted 6/14/2018


 

Post-Doctoral Research Fellow

The Department of Cariology, Operative Dentistry and Dental Public Health at the Indiana University School of Dentistry has available a Post-doctoral Research fellowship focused in the area of cariology. Preference will be given to candidates with a strong background in the scholarship of teaching and learning in dentistry. Additionally, the ideal candidate is expected to have excellent communication/writing skills in English, to be a team player, and who appreciates working closely and collaboratively with others in the group.

The successful candidate will conduct research independently on the dissemination of the scholarship of teaching and learning in the department, but also collaborate in various projects implementing best teaching practices. The position will entail an 80% research focus with the remaining 20% dedicated to educational support and training of undergraduate and graduate students. Opportunities for professional development will be provided. Applicants should have a PhD degree in dental sciences or a closely related field and a DDS degree or equivalent. Alternatively, an MPH degree and a DDS degree or equivalent would be acceptable. Applicants with a good record of accomplishment of publications in peer-reviewed journals will be strongly preferred. The position will be for a period of one year, with the possibility of two extensions for one year each, subject to satisfactory performance review and funding environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately with an anticipated appointment start date on or about July 1, 2018. A competitive salary, based on experience, will be offered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please send a single PDF file containing:
  • curriculum vitae
  • cover letter describing a plan of research that can be conducted over a one-year period
  • copies of up to three relevant papers
  • contact information of three references
The single PDF containing the above items should be sent to: Dr. E. Angeles Martinez-Mier ([email protected]). Indiana University School of Dentistry is located on the IU School of Medicine campus adjacent to the IUPUI campus just west of downtown Indianapolis. IUPUI is one of the outstanding urban research universities in the United States and has been recognized nationally for its civic and community engagement. The university capitalizes on the campus’ central location in the state and its position in the research corridor that links IUPUI, Purdue University West Lafayette, and Indiana University Bloomington. The Department of Cariology, Operative Dentistry and Dental Public Health at Indiana University School of Dentistry holds the distinction as one of the
leaders in cariology, erosive tooth wear, and fluoride research.
Indiana University is an equal employment opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. Indiana University School of Dentistry http://www.dentistry.iu.edu

 Posted 6/11/2018